Sunday 29 May 2011

NTU Fashion Knitwear show

I have always been interested in what the NTU students get up to and was eager to see what their finished designs looked like. 
As Nottingham Trent Uni is becoming increasingly known for its Fashion courses, it made my expectations even higher, and it didn't disappoint.
Some designs really caught my eye, with being really inventive and also wearable, it just showed how much talent there is and what particular design students could bring the the Fashion world.
However, some designs I did feel were too 'crazy' for me and I felt they could only be worn on the catwalk and not round the shops. Saying this though, there is more good than bad. 
As I sat there happily watching/taking photographs of designs which I wanted to rip of the models and keep for myself, I noticed how they stood out for me, it wasn't the flawless model that the design was placed on (even though they did make them look amazing) it was how unique they made their design by using different patterns and how they cut the material differently. For me, this made me see how much these new graduates had to offer. I am in the mist of trying to contact a few designers and get a little more from them about their collections, but while im in the middle of that, here is a few photo's from the show night. (sorry for not writing for ages, exams taking over my life)
-Abi 








I really liked this design- the skirt especially as it was very in fashion but the colour was really unique and went well with the top. 
The textures on these designs were really inspiring, could be a preview of other upcoming designs.





The colour and the unique logo grabbed my attention completely, it made them stand out more compared to other designs  

These sixties style designs were also one of my favourites-the powder pink colour is not one I would usually go for, but these designs make them wearable.





I really love pleated skirts at the moment, so seeing these on the catwalk made me remember them. The light colours make them wearable for summer  even though they are knitted and may be heavy material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment