Saturday 12 March 2011

(500) Days of Zooey Dechanel



After recently watching (500) Days of summer, I noticed the glorious outfits the leading lady, Zooey Dechanel, had worn throughout the film. Her 1950's summer dresses and 1960's haircut gave the film more of an edge and made it more interestingly (for me) to watch, as I loved seeing what she would be styling next. I have gathered a few photos from the trusty Google Images which show her style perfectly:

The summer dresses worn throught the film were inspired by the 1950's. This style is coming back for Sping/Summer.
I have recently encountered an online store called toast, which is inspired by vintage clothing and they provide a range of different styles and they also have a lovely House & Home range which is a must-see, also this online store is UK based.
At £199 this dress is a save-up-for, but it is worth it for the quality that you would get. This is also very similar to Zooey Dechanel's in 500 Days of Summer.

Zooey still keeps the 1950's vibe even when she isn't wearing floral print floaty skirts, with high waisted shorts and a detailed shirt, you can buy this particular outfit anywhere as high waisted shorts can be located in any high street shop or vintage store.


The film is funny throughout and is very smartly put together. It not only shows a story (not a love story) between two people, but I also found that the main male actor (joseph gordon-levitt, who might I add, isn't too bad to look at) seems to have the 'feelings' of what-a-female should have in a relationship, whilst Summer stays more at arms length and sticks to her 'casual relationship' motto:


Summer: We've been like Sid and Nancy for months now. 

Tom: Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy, seven times with a kitchen knife, I mean we have some disagreements but I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious. 

Summer: No I'm Sid. 

Tom: Oh, so I'm Nancy...  




1 comment:

  1. Zooey is fantastic! Great blog ;D

    http://callitfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete